Thursday, June 12, 2014

2nd Annual Ogden Music Fest

I think since its summer, I will write a little. More time, more fun, more funnies and such.

The Festival

Andy and Peter did the early jaunt to set up a killer space in the most awesome unsuspecting place. Ogdens Fort Buenaventura Park located between the train tracks (heard em all night, did they only go at night?) and I-15. But a river runs through it, sweetest tent spots with lush grass, a little canoe pond (Ryan Rules) tons of shade and an excellent time.

Nice spot saved up front for the music, or dance if you prefer. Hula with Hilary, dance with the ladies, chill on the blanket, ham it up with Nanny and Poppa.

The absolute kid freedom is like no other. I'm not sure I really spoke with Ian the whole event, other than a change of clothes, some food and a "Mom, Im ready for bed." Kids played BS (a.k.a. boy scouts, bull shit) on an air mattress with a slow leak for many solid hours. Checked out the musical petting zoo with loads of instruments to jam. I loved seeing the independence of these kids this weekend. Just a pack of em cruizing around, looking chill and not one mention of technology...seriously!

The gang....Lisa Peter Maya Isacc Olivia Andy Stacie Ian Oliver Leslie Ryan Maya Elliott Sarah Ali Ava Andre Kate Bill Will Quinn Nanny Poppa Hilary Vicki Brad Jay....27 peeps (a few not pictured)

See ya next year






















No comments: