Saturday, April 21, 2007

August 2006 (NW Road Trip)

I'm still off work but poor Andy is slaving away at the housing mess at USU. The giant hole that will one day be new housing for students on campus. He worked very hard this summer.

With my time off I joined up with my folks for a great old road trip. We hit the road with our bikes and each other. Our first stop, Boise of course. We spent a few nights with Travis, Michele and Julia. Then off we went to Bend Oregon. A great place...I had never spent time here and I really like it. We did some biking and hiking shopping and sightseeing. Nice place. After a night or two we headed off for the Oregon Coast. We hit the coast around Tillamook. Who could stop here without hitting the cheese factory? I thought I knew cheese factory's living in Cache Valley but I was wrong. This is one to stop at. We did some awesome biking here, the

Three Capes loop. Of course my parents are in way better shape than I am. Should I be happy or sad about this? I drove the car up the monster hills, felt a little like a loser but I am way over it. Anyway the sights on the coast are better seen on a bike that is for sure! After Tillamook we headed up the coast and made some more stops and rides.


Another great stop was in Astoria Oregon. WAY COOL place. The Colombia River hits the Ocean here which makes is have great bridges. They have an awesome bike trails to ride and we stayed in small hotel right on the water. I love looking at all the boats in the harbor. Peaceful place but I here it rains some 200+ days a year.











Finally our last stop was Seattle. This was our main destination, to see Jon Hess marry his girl. It was the most beautiful wedding ever. They were married on a steamship that cruised us through Lake Union and Lake Washington. It was great fun, I saw some old friends from High School. That was cool. We were all very happy to have made the journey for such a great event. Ahhh Weddings!



We had visits with Uncle Chris and Katherine, I got to see Kevin and his girl and of course I couldn't go to Seattle without seeing my lovely sis in law, Joni and her Don. What a great couple they are.

No comments: